Applications for the Women in Biodiesel Accelerator 2020 have been extended to 26 June 2020.
Date: Jun 23, 2020
Due to lockdown restrictions, we have decided to extend the call so it reaches a wider network. The Women in Biodiesel Accelerator 2020 applications will be open until 26 June 2020 and will close at noon.
If you are an existing woman owned/managed business that already collects UCO (used cooking oil), produces biodiesel, or is involved in the vegetable oil supply chain then this accelerator is for you!
Be part of an exciting new commercial initiative that aims to strengthen the South African biodiesel supply chain. Businesses with the skills and experience will participate in the growth of South Africa’s sustainable biodiesel industry. UCO will be converted into biodiesel and sold into the commercial market.
The accelerator will provide business acceleration support, technical support, biodiesel technology, and market access. The project supports the growth of viable women-owned or managed businesses already collecting UCO and producing biodiesel (or who want to expand their operations to include collection and biodiesel production) in South Africa.We are looking for entrepreneurs who are resilient and actively committed to growing their businesses.
- 1. Access to Biodiesel production technology
- 2. Technical mentoring support
- 3. 18 months of Business acceleration support
- 4. A range of practical, business-skills training workshops
- 5. Access to finance and markets
- 6. Infrastructure support
- 1. Women owned or managed businesses in the biodiesel production sector
- 2. The business should be operational, with preference to sustainable and viable businesses
- 3. Able to prove at least one year of operational history
- 4. The owner should be involved full-time in the business
- 5. Able to demonstrate existing infrastructure
Please note, no manual applications will be accepted and all applications to be submitted before the 26 June 2020 at midday. Successful applicants will be notified by email. For more information please contact Amandla on firstname.lastname@example.org or 079 879 8694.
Empowering woman-owned and managed businesses to participate in the growth Bioenergy or Biofuels in South Africa